Parish News and meetings
February 29, 2024
What’s happening in Our Parish this week: 3 – 9 March 2024
- The Samoan Mass is on the first Sunday of every 2 months at 12 Midday: 3 March 2024
- The Maori Mass is on the first Sunday of each month at 2pm.
- Rehearsal for Stations of the Cross (to be presented on Good Friday) at the Hall at 2pm.
- Faith Circles meets every Monday at 2pm and 7pm via zoom.
- Bible Reflection Group meets each Monday at 10am.
- Friendship Group will meet on Tuesday 5 March at 9.30am. Wear something green for St Patricks Day. Bring a friend along.
- Discipleship & Evangelisation team meeting at 7.30pm.
- Vinnies meeting at 7.30pm.
- Baptism Preparation at 7pm
- Fundraising Meeting at 7.30pm via zoom
- Stations of the Cross every Friday at 7pm during Lent.
- Youth Ministry Gathering meets in the hall at 6.30pm.
- Healing Mass is held on the first Saturday of each month at 9am.
- Intercessory Prayer group Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is held every Saturday at 9:30-10:30am.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation is available on Saturdays from 11am.
- Altar Server Training is at 4pm.
- Alliance of the 2 Hearts Mass & Devotion meets on the first Friday of each month at 7.30pm
- Youth Ministry Gathering meets on the second and fourth friday at 6.30pm.
- The Filipino Mass is held on the third Sunday of each month at 11.15am.
- The Divine Mercy Devotion is held on the third Sunday of each month at 3pm.
- Book Club meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 10am.
- Pastoral Care meeting is on Friday 15 March at 9.30am.
- Children’s Choir meet on the third Friday of each month at 7.30pm.
- Children’s Ministry Gathering is held on the fourth Sunday of each month at 3pm.
- Readers Ministry Meeting meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 7pm via zoom.
- Holy Family Fellowship Prayer Group is meeting on Saturday 23 March for 9am Mass followed by a 2 hour gathering in the hall.
- The Children’s Mass is held on the fifth Sunday (In months when there are 5 Sundays) at 9.30am.
Pastoral Care in our Parish Our parish is blessed with a Pastoral Care Team who seek to spiritually support those in our parish who may not be able to attend Mass for a number of reasons; eg, illness, bereaved, living in a nursing home, grieving or lonely. We aspire to be visible signs of God’s loving and caring presence in the life of a person who feels they need or will benefit from prayer and spiritual support. Prayer and a kind listening ear is often balm that promotes healing. This ministry is able to celebrate the Eucharist on such visits if requested. If you or anyone you know would like more information please contact the parish office.
Fundraising news: The parish fundraising team will be collecting “return and earn” bottles and cans this year. Please bring your bottles and cans that are recyclable for 10c to the parish and leave them in the signposted area for collection.
The Easter raffle will be sold after weekend Masses during March and be drawn on Holy Thursday.
There will be a bunnings BBQ on Sunday 3 March at Gregory Hills. Volunteers and donations are gratefully accepted for this day. Each bunnings bbq raises approx $1400 to help with our fundraising target.
Altar Server Training will be held on 4 Saturdays commencing 2 March 4pm. For anyone wishing to become an Altar Server and for those already serving, it is a refresher, especially in preparation for the Easter liturgies. For more info call the parish office.
Holy Family Fellowship Prayer Group is calling you to kickstart our Evangelisation drive, and invite/inform other parishioners about what we do. Meet on Saturday 23 March for 9am Mass followed by a 2 hour gathering in the hall. Morning tea will be provided.
Youth Ministry is on fire for faith, friendship and specially for God! All 13-17 years old are invited to join every fortnight on the 2nd & 4th Friday of every month, at 6:30 pm.
Fiesta Committee Meeting Save the date for our first planning meeting for 2024 on Tuesday 9 April at 7.30pm in the parish meeting room.
RCIA helpers needed: Appeal for parishioners willing to assist in supporting adults and children new to the Catholic faith in our parish. There are many small ways that you can make a difference. To have a conversation about this contact Diane, RCIA coordinator, via the parish office or leave your contact details with Sr Jill.
Working with Children If you are involved in a ministry that works directly with children it is your responsibility to ensure you have obtained a WWCC and submitted the approval to the parish office before you commence working in your ministry. Various ministries in our Parish involve adults working directly with children including Altar Servers, Children’s Liturgy of the Word, Sacramental Preparation teams, Children’s Ministry, Children’s Choir and Children’s Pageant.
“Peace in difficult times” ( Retreat in the style of Taize): 22-24 March; Our world seems to move at an ever accelerating pace with increased suffering and challenges and amidst this, we may feel pain, overwhelm, and fear for ourselves and others. Join us for a weekend of prayer,
connection and community, as we enter more fully into the embrace of god, who alone gives our hearts rest and peace. email@example.com. Please complete the enquiry form on our website; mtcarmel.com.au
Light to the Nations- 2024 Easter Youth Pilgrimage: You’re invited to an Easter experience like no other. Camp under the open skies, joining in the celebration of Easter through prayer, worship, liturgy, drama, music and personal sharing with 1000 people under a massive marquee. Held from 28-31 March, LTTN will be held on the grounds of Mt Carmel Retreat Centre, Varroville NSW. It is a transformative experience designed to bring families, especially youth and youth adults, to an encounter with the person of Jesus in the context of the Easter Triduum through prayer, worship, drama, music and personal sharing. Register at dow.sh/LTTN24
Emmaus Silent Retreat Friday 19th April – Sunday 21st April, Varroville: Embark on the sacred journey of the disciples on the road to Emmaus, where the victorious love of God is revealed through the abiding presence of Jesus.
An invitation to join electronic parish planned giving from our Parish Finance Council: An electronic regular gift provides many benefits. You will find it a secure, convenient and efficient way to regularly support your parish, while also reducing our administration costs. It will also help us to confidently forecast and plan, as we know that we can rely on your support. You can increase, decrease, discontinue or restart your monthly gift at any time. Please visit https://www.dow.org.au/giving2/parishgiving/ to learn of the four simple ways you can support our parish electronically.
A New Vision for Parishes: Bishop Mascord has supplied multiple copies of Come and See Go and Make – A vision for Parishes in the Diocese of Wollongong for distribution amongst the faithful. Further to this, a short introductory video message from Bishop Mascord may be viewed / downloaded at http://dow.sh/CSGMvision. Come & See, Go & Make: A Vision for Parishes resources may be found at http://dow.sh/CSGMresources .
Get Connected with what is on around the Diocese: Every week, there are many great opportunities to be part of special events, courses, free resources and to nurture and encourage you and your family in your faith. Stay informed by subscribing at dow.sh/stayingconnected or visit dow.sh/weeklybulletin to see a full list
of notices sent to Parishes weekly.