Our Ministries’ Members have the choice of joining one of the following ministries to help around the Parish. During COVID-19 fewer ministries are operating as needed. If you are already a Member in any of those ministries please view your roster below. Thank you for your time and effort.
New volunteers please contact the Parish Office for more details about joining any of the ministries.
Welcomers / Monitors’ Ministry
Description of ministry
Welcomers provide a friendly public face to the congregation. They provide a key role as the first point of contact for visitors and first time attendees to the church.
Monitors are required to ensure the Parish complies with mandated state Covid rules.
- Arrive 30 minutes before Mass. Collaborate with the monitors and wardens to ensure all task are performed.
- Sign in with QR with your own phone, put on mask and use sanitiser.
- Before you start, familiarise yourself with current COVID directives. If unsure check with the parish office.
- Check QR codes, sanitiser, counter, spare masks, tissues, church mobile are on table (look on kitchen bench and cupboard for more supplies).
- Prepare the cleaning sheets for altar servers, musicians and cleaning. Follow the instructions on the monitor sheet. At the end of mass ensure all sheets are complete and put on the table in the meeting room.
- Open inside doors to church while outside doors stay locked. Encourage choir and altar servers to lock doors behind them when coming early to practise.
- When all monitors are in their place with phones at table and counter at inside door let parishioners in.
- Open the 2 sets of double doors so no one has to touch the door handles.
- Encourage signing in with QR under portico/check QR sign in. Greet and welcome each person as they arrive and offer assistance if anyone needs help.
- Encourage using sanitiser and advise on sitting in pews with green stickers.
- Count how many people have entered the church and if capacity is reached, set up chairs under the portico for people to sit on.
- Check no one is sitting in pews with stickers saying DON’T SIT HERE.
- One monitor to organise money collection (choose 4-6 collectors who have to wear gloves and mask while collecting, put money in collection boxes in foyer.
- After mass open all doors including side doors (at 9.30am Mass) and direct parishioners out from the back pews first after last hymn finishes.
- Discourage loitering in foyer or front of church. Parishioners who want to talk to Father should be directed to meeting room.
- Offer bulletins to take home.
- Make sure all sanitising and cleaning including church, foyer and toilets is done and appropriate papers are signed.
Thank you for your service
For any enquiries contact parish office 0434 705 176
- For any enquiries please contact parish office 0434 705 176
Flower Arranging Ministry
Description of Ministry
Flowers are required mainly for the Altar and on the side of Our Lady Statue and St. Joseph Statue. Additional flowers may be placed in front of the Altar or the entrance for special occasions.
- Bring the previous week pots and flowers to the Flower arranging room.
- Clean the pots and throw all rotten flowers and keep the good flowers and greenery.
- Plan the design of the two main Altar flowers so they would be nearly the same. Greenery can be found in the vicinity of the church from Palm and other trees leaves.
- Check the sponges inside the pots and make sure they are wet enough to go for a week time.
- Design the two pots and place them carefully on the Altar.
- Use remaining flowers to finish the two other pots or vases which will go on the right and left.
If there was no flowers available, the artificial flowers can be used.
- Upon finishing the above, the flower arranger/s is/are to collect the leaves that fell on the altar and any other place within the church. If necessary vacuum.
- Clean all the used tools in the flower arranging room and keep in their designated place. Should not change location of tools or artificial flowers without notifying the office.
- Throw the old flowers and greenery in the specified green Garbage bin outside.
Any plastic wrapping from the flowers can be thrown in the rubbish bin.
- Vacuum the floor and clean the basin.
Does not require previous arranging skills. We recommend the arrangers to have some
gardening gloves and a gardening apron (some flowers have colour that can transfer to
Thank you for your service.
For more information and training contact parish office 0434 705 176
|Flower Arranging Roster||VIEW|
Altar Servers Ministry consists of Adult Altar Servers and Junior Altar Servers. Due to COVID 19 restrictions we have only one Adult Altar Server for each mass.
Church Cleaning Ministry
Description of Ministry
Church cleaners provide a key role in the tidiness and upkeep of the inside of the church.
Some tips for the Ministry Member
(The vacuum cleaners, dusters, and other cleaning goods are in the lower cupboard
in the kitchen)
- Start by putting up all the kneelers and pick up rubbish that the vacuums can’t collect; dust/wipe down kneelers and arm rests.
- Dust/wipe windowsills and clean windows and glass doors.
- Two people can start vacuuming on either side of church. Power points are located on the back and side walls.
- Clean the confessional rooms, then proceed to the seats and that way meet in the middle.
- Clean candle offering area and dispose of wax and used candles.
- Use disinfectant provided to wipe the back of all chairs.
- Clean out the vacuum cleaner and return to the storage area.
- Pack away cleaning products and dispose of cloths.
Bless you all for being faithful to this very important ministry 😊
Training will be provided
For any enquiries contact the Parish Office 0434 705 176.
|Church Vacuuming Roster||VIEW|
Church Foyer Ministry
|Church Foyer Roster||VIEW|
Money Counters’ Ministry
|Money Counters Roster||VIEW|
Music Ministry of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.